Re: ebay paleo sale

Donna Handforth (Kimba4evr@aol.com) writes:

Ebay's main page is highlighting a "Natural History" auction to be held live this >coming Sunday. The auction has some very nice items from dino eggs to a mammoth >skull. Just thought some of you might want to have a look at some of the items. >I love to look - but way out of my price range!

Of course every item for sale (dino egg, mammoth skull etc) comes complete with the exact geographical and stratigraphical information; a certificate from the relevant government authority proving it was not excavated or exported illegally; and a document from a reputable palaeontological facility verifying the specimen's authenticity.

As for myself, I'll be scouring eBay looking for more Archaeoraptor specimens !!

(I think I've been sarcastic enough for one day. There is something I find rather agravating about auctioning of scientific treasures on the Web.)

ZH