New Ornithopod Dinosaur from Liaoning

From: Ben Creisler bh480@scn.org
New Ornithopod Dinosaur from Liaoning; Haopterus paper in
Chinese

I gave up trying to get my browser at home to read the
online abstracts from Kexue Tongbao (Chinese Science
Bulletin) and went to the University Library (back on a
normal schedule after a break between quarters).  I had no
problem getting the Chinese characters to display properly
on their computers and was able to do some translating of
recent abstracts in Chinese.  One big piece of  news is a
large ornithopod dinosaur from Liaoning described in the
same early March 2001 issue as Yanornis and Yixianornis.
Here's a translation of the citation:

Wang  Xiaolin and Xu Xing, 2001. A new genus and species
of ornithopod from the Yixian Formation at Liaoxi:
Jinzhousaurus. Kexue Tongbao 46(5): 419-423.

The full name is Jinzhousaurus yangi Wang & Xu, 2001.

I'll have a translation of the whole abstract soon.--and
it'll be out in English in a few months anyway. It can be
viewed at  http://www.scichina.com/kz/0105/kz0419.stm .

Sorry to say there are no pictures and the PDF doesn't
work.

The original description in Chinese of Haopterus appeared
in the early February 2001 issue of Kexue Tongbao 46(30):
230-235 so the citation date (2001) remains the same.

I'll have a revised posting on Yanornis and Yixianornis
soon!