Re: [Re: [Re: Feathered/scaly theropods: trying to make the point.]]

"David Marjanovic" <david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:
> > It should also be noted that these bunch of "feathered" dinos all came
> > from the exact same location; which is more than just a              > >
little suspicion if you ask me.

> Of course. This is because only there (among known places) is           >
preservation perfect enough. You don't find haired fossil mammals       >
outside of Messel.
> "The exact same location" -- well, this is _half a Chinese province_,  >
bigger than many small US states.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Liaoning yes; but not where all these "fuzzballs" have been found; which is
just outside Beipiao city. Check out the location of all the recent "fuzzy"
dino finds. They read like carbon copies of one another.

____________________________________

> > The only evidence I have seen for the former would be Zhou &         > >
Niswander's scutes = feathers discovery. And since no one has done   > > any
follow up work on it (AFAIK), this seems to be the extent of any > > evidence
for BCF type feathering.
> > [...]
> > Why noone has tried making fuzzy crocodiles, I'll never know :)
>
> Lack of time and money? Try it! :-)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Believe me, I fully intend to :)

> > Jura - who believes all dinosaurs are scaly, until proven otherwise.
>
> It _is_ proven otherwise (not a mathematical proof, but a juridical proof).

It is shown that a small group of dinosaurs had feathers, or possibly some
other proto-feathery stuff, but the majority of dino finds still show them to
be scaled.

Jura

The Reptipage: A site devoted to the study of and education on, the reptilia:

http://reptilis.net