Dinosaur Genera List corrections #164

I have a bit to add to the previous Dinosaur Genera List corrections (#163).
First, I forgot to note that Nothronychus became genus #907 in the list. And
second, Ralph Molnar replied to my post that a more complete account of the
dinosaur, by reporter(?) John Stanley, appeared in the Arizona Republic on or
about June 19, 2001, and there the full name Nothronychus mckinleyi was
published. The article also attributed the name to Wolfe & Kirkland, but
nevertheless Ralph suggests that they are not necessarily the ones who came
up with the name or will publish the formal description.

In any case, we can add the following entry to the North American dinosaurs
list in Mesozoic Meanderings #3 second printing:

Nothronychus Wolfe & Kirkland vide Stanley, 2001 [nomen nudum]
    N. mckinleyi Wolfe & Kirkland vide Stanley, 2001 [nomen nudum](Type)
NOTE: The names of this genus and species of therizinosauroid appeared in
Arizona Republic on or about June 19, 2001 (R. E. Molnar, pers. comm.).

And we change the Dinosaur Genera List entry to the simpler:

Nothronychus Wolfe & Kirkland vide Stanley, 2001 [nomen nudum]

I prefer a bylined article to an anonymous article, if both appear in print
at about the same time.

And now we add dinosaur name #908:

Jinzhousaurus Wang & Xu, 2001

Ben Creisler provided the reference:

Wang Xiaolin & Xu Xing, 2001. "A new genus and species of iguanodont from the
Yixian Formation in Liaoxi: Yang's Jinzhou dragon [Jinzhousaurus yangi],"
Kexue Tongbao 46(5): 419-423 [March 2001].

This also adds the following genus and species to the Asiatic dinosaurs
listing in MM #3 second printing:

Jinzhousaurus Wang & Xu, 2001
    J. yangi Wang & Xu, 2001(Type)

The journal title, Kexue Tongbao, brings back memories of rifling through the
periodicals shelves of the Great Wall Book Store in Toronto, Ontario looking
for dinosaur publications in the mid-to-late 1970s. That's when I happened
across the issue of Kexue Tongbao with the original description of
Yangchuanosaurus, a new dinosaur described in a periodical I had never heard
of before. I bought all the copies the store had, for something like 25 cents
or 50 cents each, and traded them with several western paleontologists for
offprints and info. Chinese products of all kinds, including scientific
journals, had been embargoed from the United States for years and were
virtually unavailable to Americans, but one could find them on sale at
Canadian "Chinatown" newsstands like Great Wall, along with an endless stream
of political propaganda and pretty Chinese pictorial magazines. Great Wall
regularly carried Vertebrata PalAsiatica, which is why I visited the store
with some frequency: I never knew when another shipment of science magazines
and journals would arrive from China. Those were the days when I was
fanatically assiduous in hunting down dinosaur publications; now Tracy Ford
does most of that kind of legwork for both of us. Having a newsstand selling
Chinese publications is one of the things I still miss after moving away from
Toronto.