Re: Feathered/scaly theropods: trying to make the point.

Jurassosaurus wrote:

> It is shown that a small group of dinosaurs had feathers, or possibly
some
> other proto-feathery stuff, but the majority of dino finds still show
them to
> be scaled.

The statement that dinos had feathers does not necessarily imply that ALL
dinos have feathers.  Cetaceans have no hair, yet mammals "have hair."  I
keep hearing on this list that only maniraptors definitely had feathers; no
one credible asserts with 100% assuredness that all non-avian coelurosaurs
are feathered.

Are you arguing, Jurassosaurus, that, descendants of NGMC 91, let alone
Sinosauropteryx prima, weren't feathered?

-Demetrios

P.S.  Sorry to everyone if my reformulated -or whatever the term was-
emails had to be forwarded (my tyrannosaurid skin questions), I hope I
didn't inconvenience anyone, I have simply been sending these to
dinosaur@usc.edu, so I don't know what went wrong.