Re: [Re: Feathered/scaly theropods: trying to make the point.]

----- Original Message -----
From: Dino Guy and Computer Gal <gbabcock@best.com>
To: <aspidel@infonie.be>
Cc: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 4:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Re: Feathered/scaly theropods: trying to make the point.]

> Luc J. "Aspidel" BAILLY wrote:
>
> > --- Could it be possible to get coexistence of feathers and scales in
> > Maniraptorans, Segnosaurs, _Oviraptor_, _Ornitholestes_...?

...  In other words, the specimen displays
> a very bird-like arrangement of feathers and scales.
>
> > --- May we imagine large maniraptorans like _Utahraptor_ less feathered,
or
> > almost naked, or, if possible coexistence of feathers and scales, almost
> > scaly?

Well... I meant: was it pssible to get a maniraptoran or a segnosaur with
feathers on the back ans scales near the pubis for example? But, following
the discussion, it appears that it might not. Please correct me if I'm
wrong.

Thanks in advance,
                Luc J. "Aspidel" BAILLY

p.s. I wanna make correct paleoart.