Re: Combined answer: Feathered/scaly theropods: trying to make the point.

Thomas P. Hopp wrote:

> I saw a squished squirrel on the road the other day. It looked like shoe
> leather and had not a single hair left on it.

So does Santanaraptor have *scales* preserved, or just naked skin (like
ostrich legs or vulture necks)?

And how likely is it that a dino will have lost its feathers before death?
As far as I know, there wasn't much road kill in the Mesozoic...unless you
count sauropod stompings.

-Demetrios