Re: Late Maa North American tyrants (was RE: Validity of Alioramus)

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:

> Other tyrannosaurid taxon names for late Maastrichtian western North
> American dinosaurs include _Stygivenator molnari_ (originally
_Aublyosodon
> molnari_), _Dinotyrannus megagracilis_ (originally _Albertosaurus
> megagracilis_), and _Nanotyrannus lancensis_ (originally _Gorgosaurus
> lancensis_).  However, many workers now consider most or all of these
> species to be different growth stages of a single species, _Tyrannosaurus
> rex_.  This does not preclude, however, the discovery and/or
demonstration
> of a second tyrannosaurid species from the late Maastrichtian of western
> North America.

Pardon my inexperience, but the N. lancensis skull reconstruction in HP
Gregory S. Paul's PDW looks like it has a lacrimal horn (I hope that I am
using the correct terminology for the hornlet in front of the orbit) that
is way too big for T. rex.  Obviously, I trust this reconstruction, and it
is the only one I have access to, at the moment.  Is this merely an
ontological feature?

> Hope this helps.

More than you can imagine.

Thank you very much,

Demetrios

P.S. What's up with "Tinker?"  Is there a skeletal reconstruction yet?