Re: Feathered/scaly theropods: trying to make the point.

Indeed.

My website, in fact, has long featured an essay on this very topic -- namely, what non-ornithothoracean dinosaurs were and were not feathered, based on what we know and what we can infer.  The essay is continually updated, although I have not yet had a chance to add information on the latest Liaoning deinonychosaur (rest assured, I will soon).

The essay can be seen at http://www.cyberus.ca/~sharding/grant/essay/feather.htm.  In fact, it would be really nice if everyone who's interested would read it and let me know if it's missing any vital information or has got anything wrong...

Thanks a lot.  Peace,
-Grant
http://www.cyberus.ca/~sharding/grant