From: Ken Kinman [mailto:kinman@hotmail.com]\par
Sent: jeudi 28 juin 2001 15:34\par
To: dinosaur@usc.edu\par
Subject: maxillary fenestration (was "magical" feathers)\par
\par
Dear All,\par
      I think Philidor makes an important point that has not been answered \par
(AFAIK).  So I'll rephrase what I believe to be the major thrust of that \par
question:\par
       What coelurosaurs are known to have had maxillary fenestration, and \par
is there a good chance that Erlikosaurus and Chirostenotes didn't have such \par
fenestration in their ancestry?\par
     Could this be a red flag that we need to look closer at the assumptions \par
that have resulted in the conclusion that they "lost" maxillary fenestration \par
from ancestors that "possessed" this character?\par
                      ------Ken\par
\par