Re: Tyrannosauridae (Alioramus, etc.)

Alessandro Marisa wrote on 07/13/2001:

> Sorry, but I don't think that Siamotyrannus is an earliest Tyrannosaurids,
> I think that _Siamo_ is a Sinraptoridae, there are some evidence in the
> pelvic girdle.

"Contrary to one hypothesis, because of the primitive state of the
obturator notch of the pubis in Siamotyrannus, tyrannosaurids
cannot be derived from allosaurids, in which this character is more
advanced. However, this would not preclude derivation from
sinraptorids, in which the obturator notch is more primitive."