Re: Heilmann and furculas

Henri Rönkkö wrote-

>I find this interesting. I would like to know where you read or heard that clavicles were identified as interclavicles in those times. I happen to be writing an essay on the topic, and I would probably need a reference I could cite.

Osborn (1924) was the first to describe a theropod specimen with furcula preserved (Oviraptor philoceratops) and identified it as an interclavicle.  He writes, "The interclavicle lies near its union with the extremely long and slender scapula."

OSBORN, H.F. (1924). Three new Theropoda, Protoceratops zone, central Mongolia. Amer. Mus. Novitates 144, 1-12 (Oviraptor, Velociraptor, Saurornithoides)

Mickey Mortimer