Merits Of Feduccias "Origin and Evolution of Birds"

Hello.  I had several question regarding the above book, especially in regards to overall usefullness.  While I know Feduccias argues for non-dinosaurian bird ancestry, which has holes big enough to fly a F-16 through, how good a text is it as far as more advanced neornithean birds?  Would the coverage of fossil birds be worth the price, as I am trying to find a really good book on the subject accessible to a college student, and also one with either plenty of skeletal reconstructions or life reconstruction.  Is it worth the effort, and if not, what other books would you suggest?

Do You Yahoo!?
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/