Re: [Re: Feathered/scaly theropods: trying to make the point.]

"Demetrios M. Vital" <vita0015@umn.edu> wrote:
> Jurassosaurus wrote:
>
> > What overwhelming evidence? We have far more evidence that scales were
> the "default" dinosaurian trait than we do that feathers were.
>
> Default until Sinosauropteryx and its descendants.  No one is arguing that
dinosaurs "originally" had scales.

++++++++++++++++++++

I don't know; it sure sounded that way to me.

> One question:  What is the difference between scales and scutes?

None really; it's the same as down, primaries and secondaries all being
feathers.

Scutes, like reticulae, are just different types of scales.

Jura

The Reptipage: A site devoted to the study of and education on, the reptilia:

http://reptilis.net