Re: Lukousaurus (was:Details on Chuandongocoelurus)

aspidel wrote-

Or maybe a coelophysid...

There is very little chance Lukousaurus is coelophysoid, even if it turns out to be dinosaurian.  The main reason is the absence of a subnarial gap, but I suppose the coelophysoid Shuvosaurus also lacks this.  Using Rauhut's thesis, it also lacks the coelophysoid characters of a horizontal maxillary ridge and a squared anterior margin of the antorbital fossa.  I think I'll look over Lukousaurus again soon and see if I can improve upon its previous phylogenetic placement.

Mickey Mortimer