RE: Tenontosaurus with Head

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 4:53 AM
To: tlford@ix.netcom.com
Cc: dinosaur
Subject: RE: Tenontosaurus with Head

* From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Tracy Ford
>
> This isn't the first Tenotosaurus with a head. If you watch the
> beginning of
> Jurassic Park in the back ground is a skeleton of a Tenotosaurus (well at
> least that is what Matt Smith told me). I have seen the specimen at his
> shop/museum.
> Tracy

I think they are saying that this is the first Tenontosaurus with an
uncrushed, well-preserved head.  (The AMNH head, for example, while
relatively complete is flattened).

* Matt's Smith skull is uncrushed and well-preserved. It's one of those
things where it hasn't been published on or talked about so no one
reeeaaallly knows about it.
* Tracy
*