Re: maniraptor wrists

Dear all:

I'm aware of the pulley system that the semi-lunate carpal allows in maniraptora, giving the animals the ability to fold their hands.  However, I don't know of the other abilities of their wrists.  Are they able to supinate and pronate their forearms?  Can they tuck their arms with their hands facing back, like in the old restorations?  Can they flex in more than one plane of motion?  I'm not saying they would do this, I'm wondering if they could.

I'm guessing this has probably been discussed several times, but a quick synopsis will be more than enough.  I don't want to flog a dead horse (is that an actual idiom, or did I just make that up?).

Thanks, Demetrios Vital