Re: Stegosarus Sex (Jokes)

Oh Dear.

I just have to. I have been silent too long....... (ducking, covering, putting on Kevlar (flame resistent) Driving Suit)

At 11:06 AM +0000 3/1/01, Mike Taylor wrote:
> Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:25:35 -0800 (PST)
 From: "K. Hunt" <hunt@u.washington.edu>

   (c) male walks ahead of female, drops sperm packet on ground. Female
 comes along behind, sniffing the ground. When she finds the sperm packet
 (spermatophore) she lowers her vent and picks it up. (Salamanders.
 A very clever solution - internal fertilization without copulation!)

BO-ring......
Clever? Well yeah. But probably a good reason to go extinct or stay little and slimy forever. No "BIG O"

Aha! Dino-Onanism! At last, the true explanation for dinosaur extinction: they all went blind.

BWWWWWAAAAAAAA-hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Also --

 Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:35:58 -0500
 From: Graydon <graydon@dsl.ca>

 > I don't feel that their positions would have reached anything like
 > the dangerous vertical stance required for the genitalia to
 > meet. It was for this reason that in my illustration I put the
 > female with her head down and tail raised so that only the male
 > needed to attempt the tripod stance and there were no extra sets
 > of forelimbs to get in the way.

 That mechanism would work, too, although I wonder about how the tail
 _could_ go; there's a very rigid spinal column and an already very
 low stance in the forward part of the body; there isn't all that
 much _to_ lower the head and forelimbs.

Of course, one other possible cause of stegosaur extinction would be a surfeit of "headaches" in the females ... you couldn't really blame them, could you? :-)

ARE WE ALL FORGETTING THAT ONE OF THE REASONS LOTS OF MATING TAKES PLACE IS BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD?
(oops, I shouted)

Just you let any male mammal (using today to illustrate the past) try "getting any" without making the female decide you're a welcome welcome male mammal and see what happens to you!

I would wager an exceedingly large bet that a charge made with sexual intent from an inexperienced and impetuous male Steggie was met with more than a bit of bristling and a quick course on the manners of approaching a female.

Some things shouldn't change. A good wallop for rudeness is so communicative.

Some of you people are making wonder about yourselves....... <grin>

Ciao,
Dr. Demento