Martian fossils (Martiobiota)

Dear All,
    Additional evidence has been published showing that Martian microbial life did exist on Mars long ago (who knows, they may still exist in its nooks and crannies).
    Although none of these fossils has been given a genus or species name (understandably), they can be classified in Cosmogenre Martiobiota (a name which I proposed in 1996 in Journal of MetaBioSystematics).
However, there is no reason to assume that they are genetically related to Earth life (Cosmogenre Geobiota), their magnetotatic similarities being most likely convergent. But I'm sure the "panspermia" believers will think otherwise. So it goes. There is a link below for those interested in extraterrestrial fossils.
                             ----Ken Kinman
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast28feb_1.htm