Anky-mobility

> > Has anyone considered the similar problems that Ankylosaurids or
> > Nodosaurids would have mating?

Am I right in saying that male tortoises - some or all - actually have a
concave underbelly so that they can mount the female with more ease? I'm not
for a moment suggesting that Ankys are concave ('cause they're not!) but I'm
thinking about evolutionary ways of skirting around problems.

Also, it was mentioned that the tail of ankylosaurs was flexible.

So, what is the current thinking on this? Did the rear armour plates not
make lateral movement difficult? Does anyone know how they're attached to
the animal or each other?

And, in Ankylosaurs, isn't the tail stiffened even more towards the base by
bony tendons?

Gav

www.gavinrymill.com        ICQ: 33916140  /  AOLIM: ExtinctGav