Re: Martian fossils (Martiobiota)

I apologize for pursuing a non-dinosaur topic and also
for nitpicking, but wouldn't Cosmogenre "Terrabiota"
be a more appropriate name for the "taxon"?  I always
thought the geo- prefix meant "of the earth" in more
of a physical sense, rather than "of Earth".  And
isn't Terra like the "Latinized" name for Earth, as
Sol for the Sun?  (Or is that just from reading too
many scifi novels . . . )

Ben Landis
UC Davis

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast28feb_1.htm