2 new papers

I ran across two new articles at the library today that deal with dinosaurs/birds

Christiansen, P., and Bonde N., 2000, Axial and appendicular pneumaticity in Archaeopteryx: Proc. B. Soc. Lond. B, v 267, p. 2501-2505.

Basically they confurm that the London Specimen does have pneumatic anterior thoracal vertebrae. They also believe that the Eichstatt specimen is either a different species or like Howgate proposed a new genus.

Also kido’s to Luis Rey for having his climbing Archaeopteryx’s on the cover (I have a poster of that hanging in my room).

The other

Galton, P. 2000, Are Spondylosoma and Staurikosaurus (Santa Maria Formation, Middle-Upper Triassic, Brasil) the oldest saurischian dinosaurs? Palaontologische Zeitschrift, v.74, n. 3, p. 393-423.

Basically Peter says that Spondylosoma is a Rauischid, Staurikosaurus is a dinosaur even though there are some peculiarities. HE also goes over some other Late Triassic dinosaurs.

Tracy L. Ford

P. O. Box 1171

Poway Ca  92074