[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
Dinofest 2002/ Symposium Question
Does anybody know where the 2002 Dinofest is planned for? Is there a plan
On a distantly related note, I was wondering what was involved in running a
symposium. With all of the great ones being so far away from me, I started
thinking about how to bring one to my locality. This is all hypothetical,
but it might be a good way for anybody interested who has never been a part
of on to find out some info.
So my questions:
1. What attracts possible presenters to a symposium? Is it the area that
the presentation will take place? Is it how nicely they are asked? Is it
money? Which leads to the next question:
2. How much is a presenter paid (roughly, I am trying not to pry)? Are
they expecting accommodations in the place of the presentations?
3. Is there an expectation of having a publication produced resulting from
talks at the symposium?
4. Who normally runs and organizes these?
5. Do they work better if they coincide with a major display at a local
6. Finally, what makes a successful symposium? Is it better to get
differing opinions? Is it better to stick to a narrow topic?
Thanks in advance for all answers.
Darryl Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org>
For information on tyrannosaurids and
cool activities and information for kids,
visit my webpage at: