In Nomine Dinosauri

I find it interesting that you first say this:

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Jaime A. Headden wrote:

>   Yeah, precedence in the literature. Mani- is the improper
> stem, but it was established as of 1984 in Gauthier's PhD
> thesis, and published in 1986 for the world to look at.

[Supporting usage of the original spelling "Maniraptora" over the more
correct "Manuraptora".]

Yet, later on ...

> avoid conflict with _pronouncing_ the stegosaur and ceratopid in
                                                      ^^^^^^^^^
Supporting the emendation of "Ceratopsidae" to "Ceratopidae"??

Why one and not the other?
T. MICHAEL KEESEY
     AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>
      ICQ                     <77314901>