Re: In Nomine Dinosauri

I wrote:

<<avoid conflict with _pronouncing_ the stegosaur and ceratopid
in>>

  and Mike Keesey wrote:

<Supporting the emendation of "Ceratopsidae" to "Ceratopidae"??>

  No. I wish to have the -ops- stem retained, though wrong, due
to precedence in the lit. The vernacular can be anything, and
this is how I actually utilize them in the vernacular. I will
_always_ use the formal name as established since Marsh, rather
than the more etymologically correct stem. I advocate loose and
free vernacular, as long as it is clearly relevant to a group. A
ceratopsid is the same as a ceratopid, unless someone names a
Ceratopida. Ceratopsid, ceratopid, that was what I was thinking
at the time.

=====
Jaime A. Headden