Re: Mesozoic fossils in Southern Minnesota?

this is so.  Much of the cretaceous was more or less deleted in
minnesota's norsky glacial history.

Cretaceous exposures are limited to reworked iron formation with rare
crocodile stuff (i think) in the north, and some decent leaf fossils in
the
south/corn belt area.

Jeff

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Ray Stanford wrote:

> Christopher Srnka asked:
>
> >Anyone know of any good spots in southern Minnesota for finding Mesozoic
> fossils...?<
>
>     I have heard that relatively recent glaciation(s) destroyed most -- if
> not all -- Mesozoic fossils in Minnesota.
>
>     Does anyone know for sure whether this is correct?
>
>     Ray Stanford

Jeffrey Alan Bartlett
Graduate Student in Paleoecology
Center for the Exploration of the Dinosaurian World
North Carolina State University

jabartle@unity.ncsu.edu
(919) 515-7648