Re: Attention Paleolife Artists

At 09:49 AM 3/5/01 -0800, David Krentz wrote:
Danvarner@aol.com wrote:

> I thought I'd put this on the list since so many list members are
> effected or know an artist who's effected. There is an internet pirate in
> Thailand who has ripped-off a number of websites of images of dinosaurs and
> other prehistoric animals. Artists are not credited and copyright is being
> claimed by the owner. A LOT of you are here. I give the page for
> Tyrannosaurus, but there are a number of other categories listed--you'll find
> me on the mosasaur page. I SHOULD be paid quite a bit for this. Remember our
> little copyright discussion?
> I don't know what can be done about this (probably not much), but I
> wanted to put out this alert so you'll know why your artwork starts popping
> up elsewhere. Here's the url:
> http://www.siamguru.com/images_search/special/tyrannosaurus%20rex_en.html
> Dan Varner
This is one reason why I haven't put any flat work on my website!
Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to how to make digital
images hard to copy? This guy in Thailand even had the guts to put
Disney images on his site. That's just plain crazy!
David Krentz

Some of my work is there also, taken from a different site other than
dinotreker.com.
There is a Java script code that you can place in your html that prohibits
right clicks. This will disable the right click Save Picture As function. Its not
fool proof but it takes a little more effort to save an image. If anyone is
interested I will send you the code with instructions how to place it in your
html, just send me an e-mail.
The code works with IE and Netscape browsers, later versions.

Michael Rusher

Cheers

Michael Rusher
Dinotreker