Re: Only One Triceratops Species??

Hello,

For a more current reference, check out Cathy Forster's papers in JVP from
1996.  She pretty much puts this whole controversy to rest.  Having worked
on our Triceratops collection, our dozen or so partial skeletons fit well
with her conclusions, as do at least three skulls that we haven't collected
yet.  Our Triceratops come from two different areas in the Hell Creek, and
we find T. horridus in one area and T. prorsus in the other with little to
no overlap between the two morphotypes.

Chris Ott
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Geology Museum