Re: TRICERATOPS AND PSITTACOSAURUS ARE NOT OVERSPLIT

dinoland@lycos.com writes:

As I wrote earlier, I believe that Sereno brought down the 7-8 acceptable
species to four species.  I don't have the ref, though. Maybe it was in his
doctoral thesis.

See:

Sereno, P. C. 1990. New data on parrot-beaked dinosaurs (_Psittacosaurus_).
In Dinosaur Systematics: Perspectives and Approaches, K. Carpenter and P. J.
Currie, eds., Cambridge University Press.

Sereno's four species are: _Psittacosaurus mongoliensis_ (Osborn, 1923), _P.
sinensis_ Young (1958), _P. meileyingensis_ Sereno et. al. (1988), and _P.
xinjiangensis_ Sereno and Chao (1988).

Caitlin R. Kiernan