Re: T. rex Track

> Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 19:37:48 -0500
> From: "Ray Stanford" <dinotracker@earthlink.net>
>
>     And, I don't know where the person who set up the web page (link
> in my earlier post) on the T. rex track got the mistaken idea that
> there could be a 60 foot T. rex.  Sounds like an exaggeration, to
> me.  But the other information is quite useful, I think.

On the subject of that page,
http://annex.com/timbuktu/philmont/T_Rex.html
Can anyone enlighten me as to how Lockley determined a stride length
of nine feet from a _single_ print?

Strange that the inflated sixty-foot length estimate comes in tandem
with a weight estimate of 8,000-12,000 pounds: well towards the lower
end of conventional T. rex weight estimates.

)_v__/\  "Nyeeeoooowng Thhhhhhrb Ptooosh Ptoosh Wibba Wubba
         Kaaaafooooooom" -- Harvey Thompson, imitating a Defender
         machine.