Re: bird arms

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2001 12:48 PM
Subject: bird arms

What is the correct position for the arms and hands of animals such as Caudipteryx or Sinosauropteryx?
I don't know of any evidence against the position shown on the dust cover of Padian & Currie's The Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs.
If the radius and ulna of these animals could not cross then surely the birdlike posture with the arms tucked back is not possible.
No AFAIK, because
Which leads me to ask whether birds can cross their radius and ulna to create rotational wing motion during flight, or to fold them away.
birds can't cross their radii and ulnae at all.