From: christian farrell kammerer <cfkammer@midway.uchicago.edu>
To: Ken Kinman <kinman@hotmail.com>
CC: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: GALTONIA (a test case?)
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 12:05:02 -0600 (CST)

This problem is larger than might be imagined, as there are probably hundreds of overlapping genera between the ICZN and ICBN. And as you say some of them won't be very clear cut--I think that both botanists and malacologists would fight to the very death to maintain control of the venerable genus _Ficus_.

Sincerely,
Christian Kammerer