Re: Anatomical terminology

well then,

I suppose you could default to the directional derivatives
'caudad' and so forth.  A real Pyrrhic victory that would be. ugh

Jeff.

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, T. Mike Keesey wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Jonathan R. Wagner wrote:
>
> >         I know this isn't exactly dino-centric, but could someone please
> > review for me the logic behind the "new" anatomical direction terms
> > (cranial, rostral, and caudal).
>
> I never even heard of that scheme. So "most caudal dorsal vertebra" would
> be a valid phrase? That *is* kinda ugly....
>
> Sorry, I know I was supposed to be convincing you otherwise ... :)
> T. MICHAEL KEESEY
>  Home Page               <http://dinosauricon.com/keesey>
>   The Dinosauricon        <http://dinosauricon.com>
>    personal                <keesey@bigfoot.com> --> <tmk@dinosauricon.com>
>     Dinosauricon-related    <dinosaur@dinosauricon.com>
>      AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>
>       ICQ                     <77314901>
>        Yahoo! Messenger        <Mighty Odinn>

Jeffrey Alan Bartlett
Graduate Student in Paleoecology
Center for the Exploration of the Dinosaurian World
North Carolina State University

jabartle@unity.ncsu.edu
(919) 515-7648