Re: Anatomical terminology

When I was doing my theropod tooth paper a while back, I too got corrected on
my use of  'posterior' and 'anterior' when referring to the carinae theropod
teeth. I was informed that this terminology was no longer in use. The
"dentally" accepted terminology was (and is) mesial (toward the midline) and
distal  (away from it) keel. The reasoning I was told, is that the usage more
accurately reflects the orientation with resepct to the rest of the body and,
I believe (and don't hold me to this as this was a couple years back) that it
was fom a med school standpoint, proper terminology.

Nothing is as constant as change!

Cheers,
Tom

Thomas R. Lipka