Martin on Sinornithosaurus feathers

Greetings,

For those interested, I have come across the first reference so far from the
anti-dinosaurian origin of birds group.  In an online Science News article
(URL is:
http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/2001/307/3) (you may need
an online subscription to Science to see this: I'm not certain), Martin
states:

"They certainly do not tangle like wet down feathers."

As far as I've seen, that is it from Martin and the BAND.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite