Re: Adaptive advantage (was Re: ABSRD BAND on Sinornithosaurus feathers)

In a message dated 3/15/01 7:14:23 PM EST, TomHopp@aol.com writes:

<< All that said, I find it hard to ignore the fact that ALL the avian-like
 theropods have very long legs. Why not some with shorter legs? >>

This is the same pattern as that seen in the convergent evolution of extant
ratite birds, moas, and indeed practically all known secondarily flightless
birds. You're trading the ability to fly for the ability to run better. So
the wings shorten and the legs lengthen. No-brainer as far as I'm concerned.