Re: New Jurassic Park 3 Shot

...This is Not the T-Rex! This IS the spinosaur! You can even see the sail behind the head on the right in thephoto.<
I am not so sure the thing on the right side of the head is part of anextended 'spine' (seems very misplaced if it is) of a Spinosaurus. Also,the muzzle shown is so wide as to make the 'restoration' look ridiculous if it is put forward as representing a Spinosaurus of any kind. Again, if the thing shown is intended to represent Spinosaurus, then the snout is really funny, because, for example, Suchomimus tenerensis' (rumored to have inspired the JP3 star dino) snout is quite bizarre in its most remarkable narrowness. In fact Suchomimus' muzzle was so narrow as to virtually convince me (quite aside from the shape of its teeth) that it was almost exclusively a fish eater (except maybe when a fish supply was very sparse, and maybe then it became a scavenger).<

Good points, but you are confusing reality with Hollywood. I have it on good authority (no, not my own) that the animal is indeed the spinosaur. Stan Winston felt the extremely thin snout looked too weak for attacking humans. Ironically, his intuition may be on to something here...

Scott