Re: Big Dinosaur Prints Found

T. Michael Keesey said:
----- Original Message -----
From: "T. Mike Keesey" <tmk@dinosauricon.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: Big Dinosaur Prints Found

"Among humans, an individual who can't even move his own body can rise to
fame and success. Among other animals, an individual who can't move is
dead within a week."

    Is this actually relevant to the discussion?  Neither Rob nor I are
talking of a dinosaur so sick or injured as to be unable to move.  After
all, that is a trackway along which the tail drag is seen.  Just, perhaps,
an injured theropod was involved.  And, as I'm sure you know, the literature
is pretty abundant with descriptions of skeletal materials of dinosaurs that
lived long after an injury and wherein some substantial healing is seen in
the wound area.

    I will shortly send a posting proposing an injury scenario that might
account for the Kayentapus track-maker's tail dragging (but maybe after
lunch).

    Ray Stanford