Re: Big Dinosaur Prints Found

In a message dated 3/20/01 11:01:16 AM Pacific Standard Time, cosm@amnh.org
writes:

<< I seem to recall trackways with one foot showing 2 toes, but I think
 I've also seen tracks showing 2 toes on BOTH feet - clearly less
 likely an injury. Maybe a dromaeosaur? I am going on thin memories,
 but I seem to recall 2-toed tracks from Argentina and maybe
 elsewhere, but not Cretaceous, which I guess would smash the
 dromaeosaur idea... can anyone interpret what I've said? >>

    Not easy, but I'll try, Dr. Mehling. You're thinking of a paper in Louis
Jacob's (Ed) book,_Aspects of Vertebrate History_1980. Unfortunately, I can't
say more as I "donated" the book some time ago. Perhaps someone here has a
copy. The track is from South America...looks like an ostrich. That book also
has an essay by Dale Russell where he speaks of a Russian theropod with a
flamingo-like jaw. Anyone know what this would be? DV.