Re: Big Dinosaur Prints Found

On 03/20/2001 at 12:23 PM Donna Handforth wrote:

"Any thoughts or other hypothesis?  Since most trackways do not show tail
drag marks, the few that do certainly do not indicate tail dragging to be
common but I find this anomaly very intriguing."

Although the pathology hypothesis seems to make sense, I  find myself
wondering whether there might be something about the nature of tail
dragging marks that would make them an anomaly in the fossil record,
perhaps in addition to the frequency of the behaviour or pathology.  It
seems, for instance, that the force exerted by a dragging tail would be
less than that of a "foot," especially in a bipedal creature.  I'm not
really familiar with the trackways, so this is just a thought.