Re: Big Dinosaur Prints Found

Hi, All!
    Just a thought - could the "tail marks" along the "*Kayentapus*"
trackway have been laid down immediately _before_ the footprints? Say, by a
prey item being carried by the theropod? That might have left a similar
drag-mark, although it might perhaps show more side-to-side swinging than a
true tail drag.
    Also the Chinese trackway story states that the "Phytivorous" dinos were
being followed by a predator. I find myself wondering if the tail sign might
have been left by the herbivores while warning the carnovores to keep thier
distance. That might cause one party or the other to leave future coprolites
as well...
    Just a couple of ideas for discussion.
            B.