Re: A question about Feduccia's claim of convergence

In a message dated 3/21/01 10:28:53 PM, Anakinsdream30@aol.com writes:

<< His claim is that all the similarites are convergence...if it is such a
trap,
why have we not see bipedal reptiles in the cambriaN, early triassic, or even
today? it seems to me that of all the species that have existed, that it has
occured only in birds and dinos......this >>

Okay, The reason we haven't seen bipedal reptiles in the Cambrian is that
they haven't they hadn't evolved yet. If you want to make an attack on
someone, something as silly as that won't help your case any.

As to the Early Triassic the same thing. However, there are several bipedal
crocs from the middle and late Triassic, showing genuine convergance. there
are also modern lizards that can run bipedally, further convergance.

If you are one of those who consider all amniota to be reptiles or reptile
derived, then there are at least four cases of convergant bipedality among
mammals. People and Kangaroos evolved it seperately y'know.

eric l.