Re: ERB and fossil vertebrates

At 06:07 PM 21/03/01 -0500, James Farlow wrote:
I read all of Burroughs' paleo-oriented books as a kid. My favorite was the Land That Time Forgot series

Ah, for dino lovers it's hard to beat the moment in Tarzan At The Earth's Core when Burroughs reveals to a wondering world the function of the plates on Stegosaurus' back. As I recall - such things stick in the mind - the wily beast got above Tarzan on a cliff edge, flattened its plates to the side, and leapt into space, gliding through the air after our hero.

No wonder it became extinct....

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court