Re: ERB and fossil vertebrates

At 09:55 PM 21/03/01 -0500, Marilyn Wegweiser wrote:
FLYING STEGOSAUR! I don't remember this scene.

Well, I couldn't find my copy of the Hallowed Original, so I refer readers to a lengthy article entitled "Dinosaurs of Pellucidar" by none other than Philip J. Currie, at http://www.jeddak.com/currie.html.

The creature in question is a "dyrodor", described by Currie as "the most peculiar dinosaur of the series". Gee, do you think there is anything odd about a 60 to 70-foot long carnivorous gliding stegosaur that "emits loud screams when angry"?

As Currie concludes, "Clearly the dyrodor is not Stegosaurus, although it might be classified as a unique family of stegosaurs. If a paleontological expedition is ever sent to Pellucidar again, one of the highest priorities should be to study this highly unusual animal."

Maybe they'll have one in JPIII....

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court