Re: <was> RE: Big Dinosaur Print <now> unusual traces

Like everyone else, I've been puzzling over the
indication of tail traces associated with those big
sauropod tracks. A possibility is that the extremely
long and relatively unsupported distal 6-8' of
whiplash tail (if a diplodocid) would normally arc
downwards and skim the ground, even though most off
the tail would be held well up off the ground in a
horizontal position. This might especially occur if
the sauropod was tired and simply "not in the mood" to
hold up its tail. Just a thought....

Mark Hallett <marksabercat@aol.com>