Re: Hominidae expanded!?

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Demetrios M. Vital wrote:

> Previous classifications using "hominidae" were paraphyletic.
> Finally, the definition has changed!  I don't know about others, but
> I'm glad.

I don't think Hominidae has ever been paraphyletic, but Pongidae has. I've
posted a query to sci.anthropology.paleo asking for the most
current/widespread usage. Since this is pretty clearly off-topic, I
recommend anyone who is interested switch to that forum or e-mail me.

T. MICHAEL KEESEY
     AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>
      ICQ                     <77314901>
       Yahoo! Messenger        <Mighty Odinn>