Re: ptero-"oxpeckers"??

Didn't they have a bunch of pterosaurs playing that role in 'Walking with
Dinosaurs'?

From: "Ken Kinman" <kinman@hotmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: ptero-"oxpeckers"??
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 15:36:47

     Has anyone ever suggested the possibility of an oxpecker-like
pterosaur, eating insects off the backs of dinosaurs?
     I can easily imagine that dinosaurs would have welcomed oxpecker-like
birds cleaning their skin of parasites, but I wonder if an insectivorous
pterosaur might have ever evolved to fill a similar niche.  Wouldn't
procumbent teeth work well for feeding on skin parasites?  Just a thought.
                           -----Ken