re: ptero-"oxpeckers"??

>    Has anyone ever suggested the possibility of an oxpecker-like
> pterosaur, eating insects off the backs of dinosaurs?
>       I can easily imagine that dinosaurs would have welcomed oxpecker-like
> birds cleaning their skin of parasites, but I wonder if an insectivorous
> pterosaur might have ever evolved to fill a similar niche.  Wouldn't
> procumbent teeth work well for feeding on skin parasites?  Just a thought.

IIRC, didn't WWD propose something similar for *Anurognathus*? I think it was
suggested in the second episode (following the life of a *Diplodocus*) that
these small pterosaurs could have ridden on the giant sauropods, feeding off
the parasites & insects that swarmed around their bodies.

I can't see any solid reason why small pterosaurs wouldn't have evolved to
this kind of lifestyle, but the real question is: would we recognise them
even if we had good specimens? Physical adaptations for an insectivorous diet
would be relatively easy to spot, but I can't think of anything that would be
preserved to say that pterosaur X was a "dinopecker".