Ornithomimids and Ratites (was Re: Big Dinosaur Prints Found)

In a message dated 3/21/01 10:19:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
vita0015@tc.umn.edu writes:

> My professor points out that ornithomimids are found in the northern
>  hemisphere only (which I question-isn't there a South American
>  ornithomimid?).

I can't think of any South American ones off the top of my head, but
_Timimus_ is supposed (on the basis of a couple of bones) to be an
ornithomimid from Australia (also, of course, a hotbed of ratite evolution).

--Nick P.