Re: Archaeoraptor exposed in _Nature_ this week

I was sort of under the impression that 'Microraptor' was the term that was going to be used to describe the rear half of the archaeoraptor chimera and that 'Archaeoraptor' would be retained for the front half. If I am mistaken in that impression, please let me know.

From: "Jordan Mallon" <j_mallon@hotmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Archaeoraptor exposed in _Nature_ this week
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:12:37 -0500

In a message dated 3/28/01 9:21:13 PM EST, j_mallon@hotmail.com writes:

<< Hope I'm not floggin' a dead horse, here... >>

To which Dinogeorge replied:

Well, kinda. We just went through this a month or two ago. See dinosaur
>list
archives.

In that case, sorry if I've waisted anyone's time. But I take HP Ford's
comments to heart, as he's convinced me that the new 'tree climbing'
dromaeosaur ought to be called _Archaeoraptor_ instead of _Microraptor_. In
fact, he insists on it, and so I bring up the subject whenever I hear it
alluded to.
At any rate, I think I'll stop my floggin' here. ;)

-Jordan Mallon